Friday, September 20, 2013

Live Oak Forest

September 5, 2013

I have been taking a 45-minute walk during my lunch hour every day since March.  Sometimes I walk by myself, and sometimes I walk with my colleagues.  Today, I called Charles and asked him to come and join me because there is a mysterious trail near my office, which I'd like to explore it with someone else first before I take a strode by myself.  Charles met me at my office parking lot, and we walked to Normandy Road, and found the trail (Pic # 1).

Pic # 1 

It looked quite inviting, isn't it?  We walked for about 10 minutes and found ourselves surprisingly surrounded by California Live Oaks. I had no idea this trail would lead us to a forest filled with Live Oaks (Pic # 2 and 3).

Pic # 2 Live Oak Forest
Pic # 3

In the midst of those big oak trees, we found a huge, giant-sized seesaw.  Rubee could not get it balanced, but strong Charles could!  (Pic # 4 and 5)

Pic # 4
Pic # 5

After a few minutes of workout on the seesaw, we walked about half a mile southwest, and suddenly encountered another total different environment--a big circle of tall reeds on a dry open square. Those reeds are very tall, taller than Rubee! (Pic # 6)

Pic # 6

I got back to my office before my lunch hour was up.  What an interesting walk today--my best so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment